When can I apply for the 2021 VSGP grants?
Applications for the 2021 Grants will be received from Monday 1st March.
All application must be received by Friday 30th April 2021 by 5pm to qualify.
Applicants will be notified of their result of their application by June.
Can I apply for more than one grant category?
Yes you can apply for all the grant categories if you wish, however, you have to enter separate entries targeting the specific category and you will only be able to receive one grant.
What activities/items does the Grants program support?
The VSGP encourages the use of the vouchers to purchase greenlife for school yards, yet understand that other materials may be required for your school garden project. Please remember that vouchers received are to redeemed at a nursery so complete your budget accordingly.
- Purchase of plants/seedlings for inclusion in the garden project
- Composting, worm farms, green-waste recycling activities
- Edible gardens (eg. vegetable gardens and bush tucker gardens)
- Native or indigenous gardens
- Sensory or butterfly gardens
- Establishment of an orchard
- Gardens that are water-wise and encourage biodiversity
- Creation of a natural turf area within school grounds
- Purchase of gardening equipment (capped at 50% of the value of the grant)
- Purchase of irrigation infrastructure (capped at 50% of the grants value)
What doesn’t the Grants Program support?
Funding from the Grants program should not be used for the following activities:
- Purchase of water tanks
- Purchase of chicken coop/run materials
- Construction or upgrade of seating unless for an outdoor classroom and capped at 50% of the grant value
- Administration or labour costs
- Purchase of lawnmowers
- Purchase of cooking equipment
- Construction/purchase of garden sheds
Where can I use my Grant?
Voucher grants can be redeemed at NGIV retail member nurseries. A list of nurseries will be provided with the vouchers. 2020 NGIV Retail Member List
When will I receive my Grant if I am successful?
All grants should be received by successful schools by June and have until December 2021 to redeem their voucher. Permission must be obtained to used expired vouchers.