Applications are now open for the 2017 Victorian Schools Garden Awards program.
The Awards program recognises and rewards the achievements of students and school communities in their school gardens. It is run annually across both metropolitan and regional Victoria and schools from all sectors – Public, Catholic and Independent are invited to enter.
This year there is $38,000 worth of prizes available to be won so we encourage any school with a garden program to enter.
To enter all you need to do is complete an online application with your school’s details and attach your presentation or video.
In 2017, we have an exciting new category, the HMA Jouralism Award for Best Horticulture Article, where the successful article will be published in two horticultre magazines as well as receiving a $1000 voucher for their school garden.
Awards Categories this year are:
- Most engaging Garden for Play
- Catholic Education Melbourne – Most Engaging Student Garden for Learning
- Maxicrop – Best Edible Garden
- Independent Schools Victoria – Greatest Demonstrated Improvement of School’s Green Space
- Nursery & Garden Industry of Victoria – Best School Garden Exhibiting Biodiversity
- HMA Journalism Award for Best Horticulture Article
- Turf Victoria Award – Turf package prize
- Fleming’s Nurseries Award – Orchard prize
- Australian Growing Solutions Award – Garden compost prize
For more information go to the Awards program .