When can I apply for the 2020 VSGP grants?
Applications for the 2020 Grants will be received from Monday 2nd March.
All application must be received by Friday 1st May 2020 by 5pm to qualify.
Applicants will be notified of the success of their application and receive their grants by the end of May.
Can I apply for more than one grant category?
Yes you can apply for all the grant categories if you wish, however, you have to enter separate entries targeting the specific category and you will only be able to receive one grant.
What activities/items does the Grants Program support?
- Purchase of plants/seedlings for inclusion in the garden project
- Composting, worm farms, green-waste recycling activities
- Edible gardens (eg. vegetable gardens and bush tucker gardens)
- Native or indigenous gardens
- Sensory or butterfly gardens
- Gardens that are water-wise and encourage biodiversity
- Establishment of an orchard
- Creation of a natural turf area within school grounds
- Purchase of gardening equipment (capped at 50% of the value of the grant)
- Purchase of irrigation infrastructure (capped at 50% of the grants value)
- Purchase of gardening equipment (capped at 50% of the grant value)
What doesn’t the Grants Program support?
Funding from the Grants program should not be used for the following activities:
- Purchase of water tanks
- Purchase of chicken coop/run materials
- Construction or upgrade of seating unless for an outdoor classroom
- Administration or labour costs
- Purchase of lawnmowers
- Purchase of cooking equipment
- Construction of garden sheds
Where can I use my Grant?
Voucher grants can be redeemed at NGIV retail member nurseries. A list of nurseries will be provided with the vouchers.
When will I receive my Grant if I am successful?
All grants should be received by successful schools by June and have until December 2020 to redeem their voucher.