Kids Grow – Garden Teaching Resource for schools includes an overview of the learning outcomes for four themed gardens, explains how they link to the Australian Sustainable Schools initiative and provides practical tips for gardening at school. Although not currently in line with the national curriculum, KidsGrow is still a useful resource for teachers to use to link gardens to school curriculum and encourages interdisciplinary learning.
- Kidsgrown – Garden Links to Learning poster
- KidsGrow – Important Resources for Schools
- Kids Grow – Themed Garden – Munch and Crunch Garden
- KidsGrow – Themed Gardens – Waterwise Sensory Maze
- Kidsgrow – Themed Gardens – Australian Habitat Haven
- KidsGrow – Themed Gardens – Seasonal Colour Garden
Cool Australia is all about educating young Australians for a sustainable future. Cool Australia provides online educational material and support to the teaching community free of charge. They bring sustainability and our environment into Australian classrooms, providing teachers with engaging, fun and informative learning activities and units of work on a whole range of topics.
Grace’s Mystery Seed An engaging and educational story where Grace learns how to grow a seed with the help of Mrs Marion. She does not know what it will become.
Author Juliet M Sampson, who is also a primary school teacher, has provided a pdf of teacher’s notes which covers maths, English and science curriculum. Click here to find out more or to purchase.